Senior Electronics Embedded Hardware Engineer
Our Client is a specialist in the design and manufacture of the next-generation thermally managed lithium-ion battery systems for automotive, industrial, marine, aerospace and defence applications. This is an exciting time to be joining a growing company at the forefront of electrification.
We are looking for an experienced embedded hardware design engineer to lead the design group for next-generation battery management systems for high-voltage high-performance, safety-critical battery systems. The role will suit a qualified practical Engineer who enjoys a varied role with a hands-on involvement.
* Schematic capture and PCB layout design for mixed signal boards (Cadence, Altium, Eagle etc.).
* Electronics hardware design through schematic capture and PCB layout.
* Debug electronic hardware and perform root cause analysis of concept and prototype designs.
* Hands-on test and development of new embedded hardware
* Manage the certification and approval of hardware designs.
* Plan and perform signal integrity tests and qualification tests on new product hardware releases.
* Create schematic symbols and component footprints
* Create BOM of electronic components and assemblies, including component specifications;
* Create bare board specifications for fabrication
* Create PCB assembly manufacturing files such as PCB gerber, Pick and Place, component assembly
* Provide expertise and support on planning of EMC tests
* Considerable overall experience in analogue and/or power electronics design
* Experienced in design of mixed signal circuits and high power circuits
* Knowledge of ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 Safety Standards and Requirements is preferred
* Familiar with automotive/industrial safety related design requirements
* Strong electronic engineering fundamentals in electronic circuit design/development with microcontroller-based embedded systems
* High familiarity with bench test equipment (oscilloscopes, power supplies, logic analysers etc) is essential.
* Experience with high-power electronics is preferred
* Experience with real-time embedded systems is a plus
* Experience with digital control (power supplies, chargers, motor drives etc) is a plus.
* Working experience interfacing with mechanical, electrical, electrochemical, and thermal systems
* Hands-on experience with HIL systems and battery testers is a plus but not essential
* Experience supporting and leading technical efforts
* Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
If you enjoy a blisteringly fast-paced work environment with a flat leadership structure then please get in touch for an informal discussion.
* Bonus scheme
* Flexible working hours
* On-site parking
* Company events & social hours
* Casual dress
* Wellness programmes
* Private medical/dental insurance
* Work from home opportunities
* Life insurance
Salary range: €40-70k
Call Tim Bees on 01621 841234 or email email@example.com
Job Reference: 250273T
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.