This company is a world leader in construction and mining equipment-creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help their customers build the world around. Due to continued growth they are seeking experienced SCRUM Master to join the team in Peterlee on a contracting basis.
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader responsible for making sure a Scrum team lives by the values and practices of Scrum. This involves removing any impediments to progress, shielding the team from distractions and interruptions, facilitating meetings, and working with the product owner to make sure the product backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint. The Scrum Master reflects Agile and Scrum values to the team. This role helps the team to continuously improve their process and reflects issues to the team through observation from outside of the team.
- Ensure project teams adhere to Scrum values, practices and rules, ensuring the effective and efficient application of Scrum and helping the team to stay focused and follow the agreed-up rules
- Help resolve impediments and shield the team from external interference and distractions
- Responsible for 1 to 2 teams
- Facilitate meetings and Scrum ceremonies for the Scrum team. This includes preparation work, moderating, and completing post-meeting and post-ceremony work
- Assist a diverse team of onshore and offshore resources to complete projects on-time and within budget
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the feature team by participating and leading retrospectives, sharing observations, and ideas for improvement
- Assure that Scrum artefacts are kept visible
- Facilitate two to four projects simultaneously utilising Agile methodology
- Coach team members, mediate through conflicts and help the team to make decisions
- Serve as the principal communicator with internal stakeholders regarding project status
- Foster development team's self-organisation
- Help the team to maintain their Scrum tools
- Assist the team in writing user stories and a suitable definition of done based on deliverables and expectations
- Promote transparency across multiple feature teams, with Product Owner, and Leadership team
- Responsible for working with product owners to define and prioritise features and defects
- Mediate conflict of goals between the development team (high technical quality) and product owner (more features)
- Embrace continuous learning regarding everything agile (for example: visit user groups, attend conferences, read books, write blogs, etc.)
- Serve as a contact person for everyone in the team and their stakeholders regarding Agile
- Encourage the use of agile engineering practices within the development team
- Help the team build quality into the software and deliveries
- Assist with release planning
- Serve as the principal communicator with clients and internal stakeholders regarding project status
- Be a good role model of Scrum values; understand the framework and the roles of each team member
- Create agile graphics and assist Product Manager and PMO with executive briefings
- Be a champion for the agile community and help to further the community within the organisation
- 3 year Bachelor's degree preferably in computer science, information systems, marketing, communications, engineering or related field
- 2+ year of experience as a Scrum Master
- 3+ years' experience in project management leading multiple, simultaneous projects across cross-functional teams
- 2+ years' experience with the Agile methodology
- Scrum Master certification
- Strong accountability, project planning/organization, and teamwork
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
CANDIDATES WILL ALSO POSSESS THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with the Agile methodology
- Experience with Agile project management tools such as Mingle, VSTS, JIRA, Team Services, Rally
- Experience leading projects with an onshore/offshore team model
- Experience overseeing large, multi-functional project teams
- Demonstrated ability to resolve team conflicts, remove roadblocks and communicate appropriately to ensure a team's success
- Demonstrated experience managing large projects with multiple work streams in various stages of development
- Strong accountability, project planning/organization, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
Offering up to £33 per hour as Limited Co / Umbrella Co contractor based over 37.5 hours per week.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.