This is an opportunity for an ambitious Propulsion Facilities Engineer to join the Automation Systems team at one of Europe's leading independent technology centres for the design, engineering, test and development of automotive and propulsion systems, and a pioneer of low carbon technologies.
The position will be responsible to provide all technical support to the Engineering team preparing the Propulsion Test Facilities to perform battery test activities according to customer requirements.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide corrective and preventive maintenance on battery testing automation systems.
- Develop and improve test schedules for battery testing on automation systems.
- Conducts investigations and prepares reports to support investigations related to the battery testing facilities.
- Identify failures and suggest modifications to battery testing systems.
- Provide all technical support and training for the battery testing staff
- Assure all instruments are calibrated and generating reliable data
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for staff at all times
- BSc in engineering fields. Ideally related to electrical and/or electronic areas.
- (MSc in the automotive or electrical field would be an advantage).
- (17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulations would be an advantage).
- Must have experience working with automation systems used in automotive testing such as Horiba STARS, AVL PUMA, AVL Lynx or Kratzer PAtools.
- Familiar with CAN and Flexray network communications protocol.
- Experience with AC and DC High Voltage systems (up to 1000V) together with all Health and Safety measures associated.
- Experience with test instrumentation including thermocouples and pressure transducers.
- Should be familiar to test bed main controls including PID tuning, actuators, and BMS.
- Should be familiar with National Instruments products.
- (Experience with VECTOR tools like CANalyzer and CANoe is highly desirable).
- (Battery testing environment familiarity is highly desirable).
- (Automotive background is desirable).
- Understanding of Inverter Drive Cabinets architecture.
- Strong wiring diagram interpretation skills.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills mostly when handling large amounts of data.
- Able to demonstrate fault finding skills on automation systems such as Horiba STARS, AVL PUMA, AVL Lynx or Kratzer PAtools.
- Aptitude to repair electrical and mechanical systems including chillers and climatic devices.
- Accurate Health and Safety driven mentality.
- Good understanding of computer networks.
- Strong computer skills particularly in MS Excel.
- (Software coding and scripting skills are highly desirable).
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive in finding solutions
- Good understanding of H&S practices
- Analytical thinking
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experiencefacilities, automotive
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.