Our client is a major automotive manufacturer based in South of the UK. This is home to the European Powertrain Research and Development Centre.
Due to their continued growth they are seeking a Lead Infotainment & Connectivity Application Engineer to join their Electrical Engineering team on a long-term rolling contract based in Essex.
Working in the Electrical Engineering department on current and future models of their commercial vehicle lines. The Infotainment section of the Upper Body Electronics (UBE) team has responsibility for applying many electronic systems and components.
The job involves a mix of process and administration work in the early program phases, relating to supplier selection, sourcing, management of data including cost and CAD, and requires working with purchase/buyers, finance, marketing, and other engineering teams to deliver to various program milestones.
This then evolves to more engineering-focused delivery covering quality, component, system and vehicle testing; finally resulting in successful engineering sign-off and launch in the manufacturing plants around the globe.
Specific tasks include:
- Generate Engineering Statements of Work, Requests for Quotation, Engineering Concepts
- Lead Team of 4 mtgs with cost estimating team, finance, purchase, engineering
- Manage e-Ford Design Verification System
- Complete Failure Mode Analysis for specified components
- WERS releasing
- 5D/8D generation
- Health-chart management (program milestones)
- Conduct PMST mtgs with suppliers
- Work/engage with other PMTs to align on design at respective milestones
- Meet deliverables in-line with GPDS
- Travel/ on-site support at vehicle assembly plant(s) as required
- Support current production vehicle quality issues and engineering changes, especially on a global basis
- This position will also be expected to manage overall quality status for infotainment & connectivity team
- Demonstrated excellent Project Management / Co-ordination skills.
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Knowledge of component development (including software development), control and tracking processes
- Problem and issue analysis
- Experience of CAN tools including CANalyser, CANoe, and/or CANDB++
- Able to run autonomously with minimal supervisory intervention ¿ Actively drive issue resolution to conclusion
- Experience of Vehicle Electrical Network Systems
- Experience of Ford Product Development processes including GPDS.
- Experience of engineering processes and tools e.g. eFDVS, FTEP, FMEA, 8D, FMEA, FIP, ASAP, WERS.
- Proven track record that demonstrates ability to get up to speed in short time
- The candidate must have: - a valid driving license for use in the UK, mainland Europe, and the ability to travel, without restriction, to mainland Europe and to any development sites or Manufacturing locations worldwide.
Rate: Offering between £35 - £45 per hour on a limited / umbrella company basis.
Please note our client is unable to provide any VISA Sponsorship / Relocation
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.