This company is a world leader in construction and mining equipment-creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help their customers build the world around. Due to continued growth they are seeking a Maintenance Technician to join the team in Leicestershire on a Permanent staff basis.
As a Maintenance Technician you will be providing maintenance support to the facility. We are looking for a multi skilled craftsperson who has experience working in an industrial / manufacturing environment. Our client will consider Electrically or Mechanically biased Maintenance Technicians.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining equipment and using a computerised maintenance system
- Responding to equipment breakdowns and completing repairs to equipment
- Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions on industrial/assembly equipment, machinery and building as required
- Perform preventative maintenance as per schedules
- Order replacement parts and stocks
- Adhere to the company's Health and Safety policy and safe working practices
- Adhere to the company's Values in Action: Integrity, Commitment, Excellence, Teamwork & Sustainability
- Undertake training/further learning as required
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Established experience as a Maintenance Technician in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Accredited apprenticeship
- Multi-skilled in both electrical & mechanical functions will be preferred
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work on your own initiative
- Work closely with others is imperative, requiring team participation to achieve the agreed objectives
- Fully flexible approach to the job role and responsibilities
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures
- Good problem solving skills, necessary to get to the root cause of issues
- Willing to work a multi-shift system
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- Experience in using PLC based systems would be an advantage, specifically Siemens S7.
- Experience operating Scada system.
- DC/AC drives
- Experience on automated stores crane systems a major advantage.
Salary: Starting salary up to £28489 basic (+ shift premium Afternoons 20% and Nights 27%), rising to £30630 basic after successful completion of probationary period.
Benefits: 27 days annual leave + bank holidays, Bonus, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking, Advantage website (discounts & offers)
Hours: Full Time - 37.50 - multi-shift: Days - Mon - Thur 06:30 - 15:00, Fri 6:30 - 12:00, Afternoons Mon - Wed 13:30 - 23:30, Thu 13:30 - 23:00, Fri - Off, Nights - no immediate need but must be able to complete if required by the business.
Travel: Not required
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Call Tim Bees on 01621 841234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference 248820T
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.