This company is a world leader in construction and mining equipment-creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help their customers build the world around. Due to continued growth they are seeking experienced Traffic/Customs Facilitator to join the team in Leicestershire on a contracting basis.
An opportunity has arisen within the Supply Chain, working within the imports and exports department. The successful candidate will work within a small shipping team who are responsible, for supporting all shipping and customs compliance activity.
Working alongside a third party-customs provider, to make sure parts and products are managed properly and flow across borders in compliance with customs regulatory requirements.
In addition, this role will support Sarbanes Oxley financial controls, in the area of freight pay and revenue recognition.
- Working with a third-party customs provider to make sure the facility is HMRC compliant.
- Assist with machine and part shipments leaving the facility.
- Perform regular monthly assurance checks on duty suspension activity.
- Ensure duty relief authorisations are maintained and data is accurate.
- Perform monthly reporting of stock levels and highlight discrepancies.
- Ensure freight pay and revenue recognition procedures are compliant with Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Support adhoc import and export queries.
- Basic understanding of EU and UK Customs Legislation.
- Understanding of import, export, shipping and inventory transactions.
- Knowledge of MS products, including Power BI.
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative.
Offering up to £16 per hour as Ltd Co / Umbrella Co contractor based over 37.5 hours per week.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.